SRI LANKA PRESS INSTITUTE
Is Registered under
THE COMPANIES ACT, NO. 7 OF 2007
Bearing the no GA 188
As Per The
MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION
- To assist, encourage and facilitate the Press to exercise and uphold its freedom and be responsible to the public
- To formulate a code of professional conduct for journalists and to facilitate the adherence thereto by journalists; to assist, encourage and facilitate the Press to observe the highest standards of professional conduct in journalism
- To facilitate the resolution of disputes between the Public and the Press expeditiously, economically and effectively by conciliation, mediation, arbitration or by any other means of dispute resolution.
- To establish and maintain centres of learning, for conducting lectures, classes, examinations, courses of studies, educational programmes in journalism and awarding degrees, diplomas in journalism and for such purpose to affiliate with or assist any college, university, polytechnic or other teaching institution and to present awards for excellence in journalism
- To establish and develop reciprocal relations with fraternal organizations and to work in collaboration, co-operation or in association with such organizations.
- To establish and operate a “National Press Club” to provide a forum for the exchange and dissemination of information on matters of public importance and for association, in a club, by persons engaged in journalism.